The Vanilla Workshop is proud to introduce the OG1 road machine, the first model in the Speedvagen Ready-Made program. With the Speedvagen Ready-Made program, you get our very best workhorse race machine – designed, built, painted and assembled in The Vanilla Workshop. Bringing a new definition of handbuilt bicycle to the market.
Speedvagen was born from a desire to keep handbuilt bikes accessible to friends and fellow racers. And with all Speedvagen up to this point being custom with a longer wait, this marks a return to the company’s roots with a bike that represents the core of the Speedvagen ethos of attainability. The OG1 (Original Gangster) is a beautiful, minimalist, bombproof race machine with a great ride. Each OG1 is meticulously built by hand at the Vanilla Workshop in Portland, OR.
OG1 frames are produced in small batches, keeping the cost down, while offering riders a truly hand built experience without waiting months or even years for a bike. Our goal is to have a bikes delivered within 2 weeks of ordering.
• 5 standard sizes ranging from 50cm to 58cm
• 2 iconic color options – Matte Army & Matte Lavender
• Painted in house, utilizing Speedvagen Ghost graphics
• Berzerker dropouts
• Integrated seatmast
• Super light custom drawn steel tubing (Columbus and True Temper)
• Strategically placed stainless steel reinforcements
The OG1 component package has been selected for great function, shredability and longevity. You’ll notice a mix of Dura Ace and Ultegra – an old racer’s secret (performance where it matters and economy where it counts) as well as a nice lightweight year-round set of Mavic wheels.
• Shimano Dura Ace mechanical shifters and rear derailleur
• Shimano Ultegra front derailleur, cranks and brakes
• Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels & tires
• Fizik Antares saddle
• PRO handlebar wrapped in Cinelli cork tape
• Ritchey seatpost head & painted PRO PLT stem
• Painted ENVE 2.0 road fork